I feel like I have egg on my face!
I once inherited a guy to train, last minute, out in the field. He was a super enough guy, authentic, well liked, honest, ok looking, well dressed, and educated but he had ZERO confidence.
As I look back I can only assume it was because someone wounded him at an early age, and it didn’t help that he had a speech impediment. He told me with his “Lisp” sound “I feel like I have egg on my face when I am in front of the prospect”. That statement and image has stuck with me for over 35 years.
IF you have no confidence the odds of selling is practically ZERO. I mean really…
How many codependent prospects will you find to feel sorry enough for you to give you their hard earned dollars? Get over your wound, or get out of sales. Which is it?
By definition I teach the word “S-E-L-L-I-N-G” as “The transference of Confidence”, NOTHING MORE!
People BUY Confidence. They want to feel safe and secure.
In the selling process I have had to coach people up on “How they show up”. What impact do you want to make?
For a positive impact you better understand what you look like, how you talk, what kind of presence you have, etc.
Here are some basics…
· Check your hair, teeth, bags under your eyes, breath etc
· How do your clothes look? Are your clothes pressed, and/or current?
· Do you know lightly starched white shirts make you look smart?
· Are your shoes polished and up-to-date. (Many people judge the show you wear as the type of person you are)
· Your coat, purse, brief case, phone are PART of you (I once had a client look at my phone and say, “I’m paying you 30k and you have a Blackberry?!?)
· Speak clearly, do not mumble
» Read more